319 total views, 7 views today
We have come a long way developing mobile applications and putting them to use. Uber for X and on-demand economy are comparatively new terms in the market but the penetration is huge. 10 years ago, no one thought that there can be a smart phone application which will provide childcare on demand.
Yes, it is true that babysitters are at fingertips nowadays. Download an application and you’ll have a trusted babysitter on demand for your child. That simple it has become.
What is the need for a Babysitter App?
Looking at the modern lives of parents, the demand for babysitters have increased. A survey conducted by Care.com suggests that the average babysitter rate in the US increased from $10.50 to $13.44 in 2009.
The numbers are increasing and more and more parents are opting for babysitter applications to take care of their kids when they are away for social outing or work.
On-demand babysitter apps or Uber for babysitters and services are trying to fill this gap by leveraging on-demand mobile technology
Finding a babysitter is pretty challenging for parents, if they don’t have an extended family. It’s not possible to just trust anyone to be the babysitter for your child.
Similarly, in case of babysitters, finding regular clients through word of mouth isn’t much of help for their chosen vocation.
On-demand babysitter apps or Uber for babysitters and services are trying to fill this gap by leveraging on-demand mobile technology. Such apps are becoming a rage across the U.S and Europe.
How does a Babysitter App work?
A babysitter on demand application comes with an intuitive interface, navigational ease, profiles for babysitters, scheduling services, and security in payments are some distinct points in modern babysitter apps.
Both the babysitters and parents download their respective version of the app
App for home services provide similar kinds of experiences which can be understood only after using one.
A typical Uber for babysitter app platform has the following workflow:
- Both the babysitters and parents download their respective version of the app.
- Parents can browse through the profiles of different babysitters who are active on the platform and interact with them personally.
- Babysitters will get notified on their version of the app if any new job requests are made.
- Once both parties have agreed, the babysitter comes to the kid’s home and looks after him/her for the scheduled time frame.
- After a babysitter successfully completes a task, parents pay them seamlessly from the app and rate them for their service to benefit others and keep the ecosystem healthy.
It has become evident that such kind of applications are blessings for busy parents juggling their parenting life and balancing it with the demands of their professional life. At the same time, babysitters and nannies get a much more professional channels to get new task requests.